Friday, March 3, 2017

Shiplap, Barn Doors, & Farmhouse Sinks.. OH MY!!

The ball is officially rolling. Our amazing designer, Leyla (aka local Joanna Gaines), came over and we began planning out the scope of work. I am on cloud nine, people. Having a true expert come in to help make decisions and guide us in the design is just what we needed! In addition to learning that most of my summer will be spent living in chaos - I was able to start to see our home through a true designer's eyes. (I need help in this area, because my brain just doesn't work that way.) To start, we're blowing out walls to open up the house more - completely remodeling the kitchen and adjoining family room and then doing a complete master bedroom/bath reconfiguration and renovation. We'll also be finishing the hardwood throughout the house. That's just phase 1. I was also told I'd need to move my family into one corner of the house and eat outside on the deck for the summer. Bring on the crazy - let's get this done! :)

One of the questions Mike and I had to agree on was the overall style for our home. As we're renovating it from top to bottom, we want to keep a consistent style throughout. Since we bought an actual farmhouse, on an actual farm - we thought it made sense to stay true to that modern farmhouse style. Today we discussed shiplap, barn doors and even a large trough sink for the bathroom. Joanna Gaines would be proud.

The next step in our process is to get the plans drawn up, and in the meantime we'll start picking out fun things like appliances and countertops. Let the fun begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment